Common Age-Related Diseases:
- Kidney and liver disease
- Intestinal disorders
- Joint and bone disease
- Cognitive difficulties
It is important to consider these changes throughout their lives. Separating the natural aging process from emerging medical disorders becomes increasingly difficult with senior pets. Diagnoses and treatment are often adjusted based on patient age and other factors. Routine veterinary visits are the best way to identify, track progress and treat problems early on.
At San Marin Animal Hospital we offer comprehensive senior wellness packages that are recommended as part of your routine senior pet care. With one of the recommended diagnostic packages below you can be proactive with your senior pet care while also saving money.
The Senior wellness package is tiered into basic and comprehensive and includes:
- A comprehensive exam
- A thorough dental examination
- Blood pressure testing
- Bloodwork including CBC, Chemistries and Thyroid testing
- Urinalysis and urine culture
- Radiographs of Chest and spine
- Dilated retinal examination
- Comprehensive package also includes sedated abdominal ultrasound